Canton Road Construction update
All Canton Road Improvement Projects are funded by a road millage passed in 2018. Canton began repairs to the roads in our community in 2019 using the funding from the approved Road Millage. The intent of the Canton Road Improvement Program is to provide flexibility year-to-year to match revenues from the millage to the prioritize projects. To view a list of completed millage projects, click here Version OptionsCanton Road Construction updateHeadline
Canton Road Improvement Projects
Updated September 19, 2023
2023 Primary Roads:
- Lotz Road - COMPLETED. Construction on this project included replacement of all pavement between Michigan Avenue and Palmer Road.
- Lilley Road - COMPLETED. Construction on this project included replacement of all pavement on Lilley Road between Michigan Avenue and Palmer Road. Please note, there will some intermittent closures on Lilley for restoration work.
- Sheldon Road - COMPLETED. Construction on this project included milling and resurfacing Sheldon Road with asphalt from Warren Road to Sheldon Center.
- Veteran's Way - COMPLETED. Construction on this project included a full reconstruction of the intersection at Summit Parkway and Veteran’s Way.
2023 Local Subdivision Match Projects:
- Central Park (Phase 1)
- Glengarry (Phase 3
- Glengarry Village #1
- Kirkway Subdivision
- North Pointe
- Pinewood Subdivision
- River Park Subdivision
- Willow Homes Assoc (Willow Creek)
- Brookside Village #5
- Century Farms
- Fairways West HOA
- Franklin Palmer Estates
- Mayfair Village
- Nowland Estates
- Stratford Park
- Wilshire Estates
- Windsor Park Sub
Canton Parking Lots:
- Heritage Park – Construction to resurface the north pavilion parking lot began Monday, June 19. During construction, park visitors are asked use caution when driving in the area and to utilize the neighboring parking lot located near the baseball fields.
- Joy Road - Construction began in early May to add a 12” water main on the south side of Joy Road, west of Beck Road, between Amberly Blvd and Burr Ridge Court. During construction, the contractor will close portions of the roadways for construction equipment and materials. There will also be some tree clearing and removal within the Joy Road right-of-way. Construction on this phase of the project is anticipated to be completed by mid-September.
What about the potholes?
Funds generated from the road millage will not be going toward routine County or State maintenance activities (i.e. the filling of potholes, snowplowing, etc.). That work will continue to be done by Wayne County. The millage funds will be used for very specific capital projects.
2023 Wayne County Projects:
PLEASE NOTE: Any and all information will be published as soon as the County makes it available. These projects are subject to change and all questions should be directed to Wayne County by calling 313/224-7600.
- Hannan Road (Van Born to Michigan Ave): Resurfacing.
- South Sheldon Road (Cherbough Ave - Proctor): Crack sealing and joint repair.
- South Sheldon Road (Geddes – Palmer): Crack sealing and joint repair.
- Cherry Hill Road (Denton – Canton Center): Crack sealing and joint repair.
- Ridge Road (Cherry Hill – Ford): Crack sealing and joint repair.
- Denton Road (Geddes – Saltz): Crack sealing and joint repair.
- Sheldon Road (Ford - Canton Center): Beginning Monday, August 14, Wayne County will begin a two day resurfacing project on Sheldon between Ford and Canton Center Roads. Weather permitting, this project is anticipated to be complete by Wednesday, August 16.
2023 MDOT PROJECTS:
- Revive 275: Project will include both building and improvement activities along 23.5 miles of I-275 including guardrail replacement, signal upgrades, signs, pavement markings, bridge work on 62 structures, including deck patching, epoxy overlay, deep overlay, railing patching, and curb rebuilding, deck joint and pier replacement, resealing, substructure patching, slope protection repairs, rocker alignment, steel repairs, partial painting, concrete surface coating, and approaches. This is a LARGE scale project so MDOT has developed website at https://revive275.org/.
- Ford Road (Canton Center - Sheldon): Resurfacing. Construction is currently underway. During construction, eastbound and westbound Ford will be reduced to one lane.
- Ford Road (Canton Center - Napier): Resurfacing.
- Ford Road Boulevard: The Ford Road Boulevard project is also moving forward. MDOT has awarded the contract to for the Design Consultant. MDOT held a public meeting on the project on April 26, to view the meeting visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Yp4i3ASt0 youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link youtube link . For more information on this project please visit https://fordroadblvd.com/
For up-to-date road information please follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/CantonMSD.
Calculate Your Estimated Additional Cost
To determine your estimated additional cost of this Road Millage, multiply your home's taxable value by .0014097.
Enter your home's taxable value: $